Audio become error message after unsuccessful syncing

I have many cards containing audio resource.
Sometime the audio part would become error text like :

HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘xxx’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /dictvoice?audio=commotion&type=1 (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000019BB2ED3CD0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed’))

sometime it is another error message context :

Could not find a suitable TLS CA certificate bundle, invalid path: …

I think we can not guarantee every http request return successful result, but we should not change those context to the error message when it go wrong. Because when it became these error message context, it could not recover again even the network issue has been resolved.

Anyone can help to locate the root cause of “change audio link to error message” action and help to resolve it? I can not confirm whether is it introduce by anki desktop or ankidroid.

But I can recognize some “invalid path:” is a path in my laptop.

I hope I have explained this issue clearly .

Feel free to contact me if anyone have any query.

And I hope this issue can be resolved soon. It bother me a long time.

Thanks .

How are you adding the audio? An example link or card would be helpful. If possible, I recommend downloading the audio locally using this add-on: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1293255374

1 Like

Hi, I am using one browser plugin to add anki card with a specific template when I reading in browser.

The audio part is like :

[sound:ODH_builtin_encn_Collins_oppress_0.mp3]

the plugin is “Online Dictionary Helper”

I can not include link hear, the browser plugin project in github,
ninja33/ODH/

any idea?

Thanks

Anki doesn’t write such messages into card fields, so this sounds like an issue with the add-on.

However, I remember this error didn’t occur when creating Anki cards; it was normal right after creation. The audio section turned into this error message after a certain synchronization.

I’m quite confident that only an add-on could have done this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.