Anki Windows version 2.1.56 not responding

On my 64-bit Windows machine, whenever I run Anki it takes me to the white screen before anything has loaded, and then freezes and doesn’t respond. This was not a problem previously, but for some reason is now. I’ve restarted my machine, but to no avail. The task manager says that five instances of the Anki process are running, so maybe that has something to do with it, I’m not entirely sure.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Firstly, lets see if there aren’t any add-ons causing anki to display a white screen, info bellow based from When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

Check add-ons

Please close Anki, then start it again while holding down the shift key, which will disable any add-ons you have installed.

If the problem goes away when add-ons are disabled, you can narrow down the culprit by disabling one or more add-ons, restarting Anki, and seeing if the problem goes away. If you have lots of them, you can select the top half of your add-ons in the Add-ons screen and disable them. If after restarting Anki, the problem is still there, try the other half instead. Once you’ve found the half that is causing the problem, divide that half into half again, and repeat. You should be able to narrow it down in around ~6 steps that way.

Alternatively, if you don’t need all the add-ons you have installed, you could start by disabling all the ones you don’t need, and seeing if that helps. Repeat the process trying different add-ons, until you discover which one is causing the problem.

If the issue turns out to be an add-on, please report the issue to the add-on author.

Unfortunately, the problem is persisting even when add-ons are disabled; I’m still getting the white screen. One time when I launched the program it did work, so I closed and it launched it again, but then the problem started-up again.

Do you get the same issue with the latest beta? Anki 2.1.55 Beta

Yes, I have installed the beta, and unfortunately I get the same issue.

Any clues from the console?

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/startup-issues.html#debugging

Does renaming your prefs21.db file to something else before starting Anki make a difference?

https://docs.ankiweb.net/files.html#file-locations