Anki is lagging after a "video drive failure"

I was making image occluded cards and then all of a sudden a pop up showed up and said “video drive failure” and then ever since then the screen and literally everything I do is lagging. I tried to downgrade, to redownload anki, and restarted my computer and nothing worked. I even downloaded Qt6 and then downloaded Qt5 because downgrading worked last time but this time im at a complete loss.

I posted a video of it on the Anki subreddit and wont post a link to that post but if you just go to the subreddit and search “lag” in the subreddit it will show a video of the.

Maybe restarting your machine will help?

I figured it out, apparently my Video driver setting was on (video driver: software) instead of (video driver: OpenGL, recommended on macs)

My Anki kept crashing and ever since I went into preference’s and changed that it doesn’t lag anymore and doesn’t crash. Thank you tho. Hopefully someone else in the future finds this solution helpful

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.