Anki glitch showing previous card answer instead of new card

Hi folks,
I’ve looked all around and tried to find this problem but couldn’t, although I might not be looking in the right places.
My Anki is glitching on my laptop (PC) - a card will appear, I’ll press spacebar to reveal the answer and its answer will appear. I will then click on a level of difficulty. Instead of a new card popping up, the previous card with answer revealed (i.e., the exact same screen I was just on), shows up again. Then I’ll hit the space bar and the answer for the card that was supposed to be the next card (although it didn’t really appear) will show up.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Changing your video driver in the preferences screen to ANGLE or software may help.

1 Like

I have no idea what that is or what it does, but it has worked to correct the problem so far! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!!!

1 Like

Made an account just to say that this worked for me as well and I am so grateful to you because this was annoying the ever living crap out of me.

1 Like

Thank you for this, I just tried it and fingers crossed the solution takes.

I tried switching to software using the command prompt and the app wouldn’t launch. I am using version Anki 2.1.50+ Qt6. Are there any other solutions? The problem came with the new update. This problem is occurring on both desktop (Windows) and Anki mobile (iPhone).

If you have no luck with the -Qt6 version, you could try -Qt5 instead, and try the ANGLE video driver in the preferences.