Anki iPad deactivate Transition animation?

Hello. So I was grinding cards on Anki mobile on iPad and I noticed, that sometimes there is like a weird transition animation when hitting space from one to the next card. Is there any way I can disable this behavior?

Thanks

Please see Styling & HTML - Anki Manual

do you refer to:

<script>
  qFade = 0;
  if (typeof anki !== "undefined") anki.qFade = qFade;
</script>

?

Because I don’t get why there is an animation in iPad at all, but not on desktop. Is this Anki built in? Because in my templates there is no such thing. I just try to understand

Yes, adding that to your templates should disable it. I believe the fading was originally added to reduce flicker as images are loaded, and it also worked around a bug on some iOS versions where images sometimes failed to display.

I added this to the front and the back and it still makes that animation

and I’m not “swiping down” radically or so. I just hit enter on the magic keyboard on the iPad and then this weird transition animation follows.

Ok, that’s a different animation where the screen is scrolled back up to the top. I will look into disabling it.

Thanks! Will you post here when you find a fix?

It should be in the next beta. If you’d like to try it when it’s ready, please see Beta Testing - AnkiMobile Manual

jup, already signed up thanks!

How can I see when the next update of the Βeta via Testflight is going to be live?
atm I only can see how long the current version is available

TestFlight will notify you when one is available. It will probably be a week or two at minimum.