Anki getting cards mixed up

I am using Anki Version ⁨24.04 (429bc9e1)⁩ Python 3.9.18 Qt 6.6.2 PyQt 6.6.1 on Windows 11. I’ve encountered a pretty serious bug more than once that I’ve been unable to replicate, but goes like this.

I’m going through a deck and have the front of a card open. I step away from the PC for a period of time (say 10-20 minutes). When I come back and hit enter, Anki shows me the back of a DIFFERENT card. When I then hit “enter” (3), it marks the original card as “good.” (I confirmed this is what happened when I went to the card browser.)

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

#6 on the Troubleshooting checklist is generally a fix for that. Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

1 Like

I played around with the different graphics options - I’m currently on Vulkan. I believe this is not a graphics issue because I just experienced the same issue, this time while going through a deck at normal speed. I hit “enter” and it showed me the back of the next card.

Okay, so that rules out Direct3D (which I assume you started with) and Vulkan – what about the other 2?

You can believe it’s not a graphics issue if you want to. But how about you humor us until you’ve tried them all? Then, try the rest of the steps on that checklist.

1 Like

I switched to software rendering - will see how that goes.

1 Like