Anki oddly provides answer to PREVIOUS card and NOT the current card

Merry Christmas Anki Lovers,

While studying my cards on Anki, the program incorrectly shows the answer to the previous card rather than the current one. This occurs randomly in the middle of studying a deck. I’ve already re-updated to the latest version (23.20.1 Qt6), but the issue continues. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please and thank you!

First try doing Tools / Check Database.

Then, when you are reviewing cards, hit the “e” key after the answer appears (shortcut for Edit).

This will open up the Edit Current window. Take a look at the values of the various fields. Are they matched or mismatched? This will help determine if there is a display problem, or if the data itself has somehow become corrupted. Then hit the Close button.

If your data has become corrupted, try restoring from a backup.

This might be a video driver issue. Try changing it.
https://docs.ankiweb.net/troubleshooting.html

1 Like

This issue happens to me very often as well. It occurs really randomly and I use a million addons so I do not know what causes it.

Hello Rumo,

Thank you so much for your possible solution. I am embarrassed to say that I don’t know how to change the video driver. Can you either explain it to me or link a video on how it can be done? I bet there may be more than one way of doing this, and I don’t want to do it the “wrong” way as this would be a one-shot fix and I don’t want to screw up my computer.

Thank you so much Rumo!

It should be accessible from the Anki menu: Tools / Preferences / Appearance

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.