Anki Freezing when opening "Add" tab

Hi Everyone,

No matter what I do, Anki freezes when I hit the “Add” button to add cards onto a deck. The add tab is just a white tab and the program itself becomes unresponsive, forcing me to end it via taskmanager. Everything else works completely fine and I can use the program normally so long as I do not attempt to add a card. I’m running an Alienware M15 r1 with Windows 10 and Anki 2.1.54-windows-qt6. Here’s a list of the stuff I’ve already tried to resolve this, none of which worked:

Run as administrator/giving the program full administrative privileges

Running without any add ons via the shiftkey startup function

Use nVidia control panel to run Anki using both my dedicated GPU (2060) and integrated graphics

Running “echo angle > %APPDATA%\Anki2\gldriver” in my command line (even as administrator)

Restarting my computer

Deleting the gldriver file itself

Previous reddit forums say to disable hardware acceleration. But, I am unable to find a setting to disable hardware acceleration in my preferences. The setting is simply not there. Not sure if that was removed in a newer version as this post is 3 years old.

Any help would be appreciated. I love this program and can’t stand to have it not work on my workstation.

I will attempt to delete and reinstall the program tomorrow, but in the meantime lmk your ideas!

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/display-issues.html#qt6

Switching to “angle” for the GL driver worked. Will lyk if issue arises again. Thank you!