Anki desktop app not loading after updating load balancer

hello, updated load balancer, now Anki app says the following below. AnkiWeb and mobile app still working.

Anki was unable to open your collection file. If problems persist after restarting your computer, please use the Open Backup button in the profile manager.

Debug info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/main.py”, line 433, in loadCollection
File “aqt/main.py”, line 463, in _loadCollection
File “anki/storage.py”, line 54, in Collection
File “anki/collection.py”, line 98, in init
TypeError: init() missing 2 required positional arguments: ‘db’ and ‘backend’

1 Like

EDIT 2 I had to update to the new 2.1.28 version to get it to work

I’m having the same problem. Anki was working fine until I updated the load balancer today. The forum won’t let new users post more than one image, so I’m going to try to make additional posts with various screenshots.

EDIT New users are limited to 3 posts so I can’t post all of my screenshots. The last screenshot I wanted to post is the same as this first one, except it says “StringError: Collection Already Open” at the end.

When I try opening Anki, I get the following message:
Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 15.11.59

Then, I get this screen, which I’ve never seen before:
Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 15.45.14

Please see https://github.com/jakeprobst/anki-loadbalancer/issues/17

1 Like

Hi,
I was having the exact same problem. Thank you so much for this. I’m so relieved. I was able to restore it my holding down shift and removing the add-on.

thank you, just updated to the latest version and is now working

I saw the message below while trying to open anki, I have tried to open the backup button and followed instructions, restarted the computer but still getting the same error message, I would appreciate if someone can help, I don’t want to lose any information. Thanks.

Anki was unable to open your collection file. If problems persist after restarting your computer, please use the Open Backup button in the profile manager.

Debug info:
File “aqt/main.py”, line 469, in loadCollection
File “aqt/main.py”, line 505, in _loadCollection
File “aqt/main.py”, line 510, in reopen
File “anki/storage.py”, line 59, in Collection
File “anki/collection.py”, line 82, in init

1 Like

Thank you, I have been able to open anki and deleted the load balancer but all my cards are gone, How to I restore the cards back. Thank you.

https://faqs.ankiweb.net/restoring-an-automatic-backup-recovering-from-data-loss.html

1 Like

Thank you!
it worked, I have my cards back
I’m happy.

Hello,
I was working on my Anki flashcards (I’ve create nearly 3000 in the relevant deck) and I got a notification about an update to one of my addons. I went ahead with the update. As soon as I did this, it told me to restart Anki. When I closed Anki and restarted it, I got this error message:

Debug info:
File “aqt/main.py”, line 441, in loadCollection
File “aqt/main.py”, line 462, in _loadCollection
File “anki/storage.py”, line 59, in Collection
File “anki/collection.py”, line 101, in init

I have no idea what this means. I tried using the “Open Backup” option and selected a backup that I wanted to restore from minutes ago.
I then got the following message:
Automatic syncing and backups have been disabled while restoring. To enable them again, close the profile or restart Anki.

I’ve restarted Anki multiple times. There is no option in the banner at the top to adjust addons. There are literally no other buttons because the Anki page itself isn’t opening. It just takes me to a screen showing “User 1” (the profile I was using) and the error message copied above.

Please help me. I am so scared that I will lose my work.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Alright, just started using Anki and I know only the bare minimum about it. I went to open up my deck and got this first error message (see first screen shot below). I restarted the computed as directed and got the same error message. When I try to “open backup” like it recommended some saved file popped up with a bunch of backups. I tried to click the most recent one (but have tried several of them) and i got a second error message (see second screen shot below). I am so confused because everything has been working great up until this point. The third screen shot is one that keeps popping up occasionally as i mess around with things

I am hoping someone can help because I have absolutely no clue what I did wrong or how to fix it. I also have the old anki app (anki vs anki 2.0) so I tried to open that and still no luck. I also tried to open up the deck I exported a couple weeks ago when I upgraded to anki 2.0 and still getting the same error messages.

Thank you in advance!

Theresa

Also, occasionally a little yellow box will pop up saying “deck will be imported when profile is selected” but i have my “user 1” profile selected!

Is it possible you’re double-clicking on a .apkg or .colpkg file to start Anki, instead of an icon labeled “Anki”? If so, perhaps starting Anki from the Anki icon may help?

I am clicking this Anki icon below

Anki doesn’t automatically place an icon in the dock - did you add it yourself? Does starting Anki from your Applications folder make a difference?

I think it goes there after I open the application on my laptop. But I just tried opening from the application folder and got the same message

I saw this other thread which sounds exactly like what is happening to me