Please help. Anki not opening after updating add-on

Hello,
I was working on my Anki flashcards (I’ve create nearly 3000 in the relevant deck) and I got a notification about an update to one of my addons. I went ahead with the update. As soon as I did this, it told me to restart Anki. When I closed Anki and restarted it, I got this error message:

Anki was unable to open your collection file. If problems persist after restarting your computer, please use the Open Backup button in the profile manager.

Debug info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/main.py”, line 441, in loadCollection
File “aqt/main.py”, line 462, in _loadCollection
File “anki/storage.py”, line 59, in Collection
File “anki/collection.py”, line 101, in init
TypeError: init() missing 2 required positional arguments: ‘db’ and ‘backend’

I have no idea what this means. I tried using the “Open Backup” option and selected a backup that I wanted to restore from minutes ago.
I then got the following message:
Automatic syncing and backups have been disabled while restoring. To enable them again, close the profile or restart Anki.

I’ve restarted Anki multiple times. There is no option in the banner at the top to adjust addons. There are literally no other buttons because the Anki page itself isn’t opening. It just takes me to a screen showing “User 1” (the profile I was using) and the error message copied above.

Please help me. I am so scared that I will lose my work.

Thank you so much.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Anki desktop app not loading after updating load balancer