"Anki Client does not support the new timeline zone.."

Hello All,

I have the Anki web on my Mac(Mac Catalina) and also have the Anki app on my iPhone. While trying to sync my web Anki I get the following message:
“Anki Client does not support the new timeline zone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date.”

The time zones appear identical.

I would appreciate if someone assists me with this. I have seen the option of checkin the preferences–tools and disabling the timezone but I don’t see that option.

Help Please and thank you!

Your computer version is quite old - updating to a newer version should resolve the issue.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/mac/installing.html#upgrading

1 Like

Hello Dae,

Thank you so much for your response. It worked. At first, I was not sure which version to download but then picked the one with the OS number closest to my Mac OS 12.5. If that makes sense…

If you’re talking about Anki versions, you should always pick the last version unless you have a specific reason not to do so (ie. maybe you already know the last version has a bug on your computer, so you purposefully choose to downgrade).
In general, you should always choose the latest version of the available software if you don’t know which version to choose.

2 Likes