Anki and Birkenbihl

Hey everyone,

I’ve spent quite some time to find out the best method to learn with Anki combined with an experimental learning technique called Birkenbihl method.

My goal is to put full sentences into Anki and learning the sentence first. After that all the separated words of the sentence should appear and be learned before the next sentence and the according vocabulary are unsuspended.

I’ve tried several methods. I tried to get the “Trigger and actions” Add-on but as far as I can see this is not really working with the mobile versions of Anki without constantly synchronizing (after every sentence). So I gave up on this approach. If someone has new input for me I’d be greatly appreciated.

Then I tried to work with filter decks but I’m not sure this is the right way to go as well. Maybe I’m not getting it how it’s supposed this (or in another sensible) way. Also it’s a lot of work to put every lecture or even every sentence with words into a separate filterdeck. Currently I’m trying to automatically build my decks from an SQL with Python and it works so far but I haven’t cracked the code how to automatically build filterdecks this way (I’m hitting the same error again and again: “500: JsonError { info: “invalid type: sequence, expected a map at line 1 column 0” }”).

Before I try to write my own Add-on and before finding out this will have the same problems like “Trigger and actions”: Has anyone an idea or maybe already found out how to learn with this method?

The general goal of the Birkenbhil method is to learn with full sentences and learn the words in a context. I think it would be great to also learn the separated words additional with Spaced Repetitions in a sensible way. Any input on that?

Many thanks from Hamburg!
Jan

P.S.: This is my first post and I hope this is the correct category. Let me know or feel free to put it somewhere else.

I think most people would use Yomichan to learn using real world sentences. (Yomichan is an add-on for Chrome/Firefox)

Maybe some of the functionality will be useful.
AnkiMorphs

Thank you for your input. At the moment I think the best way to go is with Anki and the “due” value of the cards. This way I can determine the order in which way the cards are supposed to be learned initially.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.