Anki Forums

Different way to do space repetition with Anki

Hello! I’m in need of some help here.

I’m learning german and I’d like to start with german sentences in Anki in a different way. My idea is to have, for example, 100 sentences (german to english), study them in order 1-100 in regular Anki fashion. Then, study them in “active” mode, that is, english to german by hitting 10 sentences each day (in order, i.e. 1-10, next day 11-20, etc.), and as days go by, having to review each pack of 10 three or four days in a row.

It would look like this:

1 day of active learning:

1-10

2 day:

11-20, review 1-10

3 day:

21-30, review 1-10; review 11-20

4 day:

31-40; review 1-10; review 11-20, review 21-30

… and so on…

Is it possible to set up something like this with Anki?

make custom steps in minutes, for instance, the default plus 3 steps of one day: 1 10 1400 1400 1400.

Create a new deck with a dedicated group setting and set new card count to 10. I am guessing you already have both card types (English to German and German to English. So you would only need to move one card type. Additionally I suggest to use the deck override functionality for future card additions.

I’ve been exploring Anki a bit and a got the reverse deck working.
I was thinking about makind¡g filters decks but I haven’t pull it off yet. Do you know how to do a search of cards by groups of ten for example?

In filtered decks you can set a limit, no in your case you will set it at 10 cards. By default it is 100 cards.

I did that but, how do I filter the second pack of ten, and then the third and so on? I suppose you do that in a different filtered deck but I don’t know how to do the search to obtain the cards that I want.
Should I look for a different software?