Why doesn’t anki allow nested filtered decks ?
I wish to have a filtered deck of some cards (n) from multiple parent decks (m)
I want to have a
limit of 10 cards from
Economics parent deck, some 20 cards from
Society parent deck and so on… (have some 10 Parent decks).
- Anki doesn’t allow or provide for any -limit option in filtered deck search term itself
- there can only be max 2 search terms(filters).
- Filtered decks dont respect individual deck limits.
These are present limitations.
- A proper solution would be to implement -limit option for each “(” “)” block of search term of a filtered deck.
- A lazy and a maintainer friendly solution would be allow for nested filtered decks - I can manually create a Filtered deck for each parent deck (so that I can study all cards in its childs too (non-alphabetically or otherwise)). Then create a master filter deck for for all filter decks. (with ofcourse reschedule option enabled everywhere)
What I did?
(please remove the extra spaces in link - don’t know why it doesn’t allow me to add github links) https:// github. com/ShootingKing-AM/anki/commit/98c34969d42909e687a4f9eaf79ad65cf16dab98
What do I want ?
So will that have any undesirable side-effects ? After my study on source code, it seems filtered decks are also impl’s of decks. and It should be safe to have such a functionality (though I didn’t read entire source code) But what was the initial intention to have that “-deck:filtered” ? What purpose does it solve ?