Allow Decreasing "today's new/review limit" on AnkiMobile

On Ankimobile, 2.0.67, using ios 14.2, I am unable to set a negative number in the “extra new cards” option for either “increase today’s new limit” or “increase today’s review limit”
I ran into this bug while experimenting with this feature, since I had time to review more cards yesterday, but accidentally increased the limit too high. I tried to logon to ankiweb on my mobile phone and add a negative limit there, but that did not fix my issue since the iphone app still did not support negative values.

I found I could not decrease the mistakenly added limit, since I did not have access to a computer version of anki. Otherwise the issue is solved by just setting a negative value on anki-desktop. While this solution is nice, sometimes I am reviewing and do not have access to a desktop, and thus would like to be able to solve this issue using only ankimobile.

steps to reproduce:

1. navigate to increase today’s review card limit
  2. attempt to copy/paste “-5” into “extra new cards” value
  3. negative value is fixed to 1

Ankimobile should allow negative inputs so that mistakes in adding to “today’s limit” can be fixed.
I would post this as a github issue on ankimobile, but I did not see a repository out there.
If there is another work around so that this issue can be solved using ankimobile only please let me know.

2 Likes

Thank you for the report, this is on the todo list.

1 Like

Great! Much appreciated : )
I’ve been using anki for years, and finally bought the ios app a while ago. Thanks for the great project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This should be fixed in the next beta - please let me know if you’d like to try it: https://docs.ankimobile.net/#/beta-testing

1 Like