Adding an admin layer to manage pupils profiles

I am a post primary & primary teacher of French… I have now been using Anki for almost 3 years, first for me to learn Spanish, then with my sons to learn French… and now with my pupils…

This year, I have done a research project with my pupils (8 to 13 years old) on the use of Anki to support them learning French… (I am willing to share the results of this research…). Of course, and as I expected, the results are very positive…

I think Anki can support students’ learning of a language as no other app can do… BUT at the minute, it requires a lot of work from me, the teacher…

So could I ask if a layer could be added to Anki desktop to facilitate profile management and maybe define groups of profiles and upload cards on multiple profiles at once, and get group stats, and generate lists of difficult cards, and … and… (I have lots of ideas, but not all are essential)… I know it’s not a small thing!! But it would just be so good…

My pupils are too young to create their own cards, that is why I do it for them, but the idea is that when they are old enough and have experienced Anki and know how helpful it is, they will create their own cards themselves… I would definitely integrate it as part of my teaching methodologies myself… There is so much you can do with Anki in the classroom! I am just lacking the expertise to do the development myself…

I would gladly help with it, not on the coding side so but I could maybe refine the requirements and help with testing… (I used to work in IT in a previous life - before being a teacher- so I have a bit of understanding).

PLEASE

I’m just curious and I hope I’m not being rude, but is there a need to choose Anki over other classroom flashcard softwares? (Like Quizlet) Is there some feature of Anki that is needed/superior?

This sort of functionality may come one day, but I’m afraid it probably won’t be in the near future - there’s a fair amount of work involved, and there’s a large backlog of other work that needs doing too.

No pbm. A lot of add-ons for example (stats, rewards, …), or the fact that I can design the cards myself using colours, pictures, audio… There is no comparison with what I can do with Anki…