Add Card Function Causes Crash

Hey!

So I was adding cards to a deck and found that cards were often being added to the wrong deck even after designating which deck they were intended to go to when using the “Add” function. After going back through “Browse” and changing the decks of the newest few cards I made to the deck intended, I tried opening the “Add” function again and it crashed Anki.

Now I can’t add any cards because the “Add” function crashes Anki everytime I try to open it.

At the time the first crash occurred I was using Windows 64 bit version of Anki 2.1.33 (newest at the time).

Downgrading my profile and switching to earlier versions of Anki (2.1.26 for Windows 64 bit) did not resolve the problem (32 bit versions did not resolve the problem either)

Backing up my profile from earlier dates did not resolve the problem (backups from hours before the first crash and/or one week before did not help)

“Add” function crashes the app in both 2.1.33 and 2.1.26 versions for me now.

Disabling add ons (the only two I use right now are image occlusion enhanced for anki 21 alpha and symbols) did not resolve the issue.

I am still able to perform all functions aside from “Add” cards.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should try next to be able to add cards again? I’m worried that I’ll never be able to use this profile again?

Edit: this crash apparently only occurs when using my computer in split screen (dual monitors) mode.

The crash doesn’t persist when switching to just a single monitor. Any idea how to fix this?

Maybe changing your video driver to auto or angle will help: https://changes.ankiweb.net/#/known-issues