"When you show the answer the question remains visible by default." - Seems to Be False?

Hi,
According to the manual:

. In Anki a card doesn’t actually look like a physical card, and when you show the answer the question remains visible by default.

This seems to suggest that, by default, when using the flashcards the question will remain visible along with the answer. So that, the two are shown together once you ask for the answer?

Strangely, none of my decks behave this way out of the box. For all the decks I have downloaded, and all the ones that I’ve made it shows the entire question in the screen. Selecting show answer then makes the question disappear and only the answer is visible.

I haven’t made any changes to any of the settings. In fact, I’ve only just downloaded and installed the program within the last few weeks, and this is only the third time I’m actually sitting down to take a close look at it…

So, I’m confused. Although this description is actually the second sentence on the first page of the manual - that the default behavior is to keep the question visible along with the answer once it’s shown - strangely this is not happening for my decks.

What do you think it is that I’m doing wrong?

Ah! Unless, of course, the line here should read:

In Anki’s data entry stage / backend / card-creation stage a card doesn’t actually look like a physical card, and when you show the answer the question remains visible by default.

Is that what they meant there?

And, if that’s the case - OK! Got it! BUT,then…IS there a way to enabled the question to remain visible once you click to “flip” the card?

Sincerely

Aside from the Cloze type, the standard Anki notetypes include {{FrontSide}} on the back of a card. Shared decks may have changed the default behaviour.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/templates/fields.html#special-fields

Thank you! :slight_smile: