What's the quickest way to memorise facts from an entire paragraph?

Let’s just say I have this entire paragaph

About Methane Emission:

Occurrence: Atmospheric methane (CH4) occurs in nature as the primary component of natural gas .

Contribution: It is the second largest contributor to climate change , accounting for around 16% of the warming effect

According to the UNEP, methane has 80 times the warming power of carbon dioxide during the first 20 years after it is released into the atmosphere.

Global Warming Potential: Its warming effect is 28 times greater than CO2 over a 100-year timescale (80 times over 20 years).

The words in bold are what I intend to memorise.

I was hoping if there is a way that I can copy paste the entire paragh, then select the words/sentences that I want to memorize and then Anki can keep a track of each word/sentence thatI am able to recall.

I know I can use Cloze Deletion for it, but here is the thing, if let’s say I create one card with 8 cloze deletions, and I’m no be able to recall just one word from the whole paragraph, I’d have to click (Again<1m) and study the whole thing again just fot that one word.

I can have multiple cards for the entire paragph too. So let’s say if 8 facts I want to remember from the paragraph, that means 8 seperate cards. But here lets say I have a card that is testing me on the last line of the paragraph, I’d have to first read the whole paragraph which I think would waste my time. I can skip to the bottom of the paragraph(maybe there is an addon which does it automatically? like just scroll to where the Cloze Deletion blank is) but then I think I’d lose on recalling the fact within the context of the whole text.

What I’m hoping for is some way where I can have all the 8 facts in one card. So essentially when I’m studying it for the first time it shows me 8 blanks in the paragraph. This way

About Methane Emission:

Occurrence: Atmospheric methane______ occurs in nature as the _____________ .

Contribution: It is the ________________ , __________________

According to the UNEP, methane has______________ of carbon dioxide during the first ___________ years after it is released into the atmosphere.

Global Warming Potential: Its warming effect is ___________ times greater than CO2 over a ____________-year timescale (80 times over 20 years).

Then based on what I’m able to recall today, tomorrow it asks me only those that needs to be revised again.

About Methane Emission:

Occurrence: Atmospheric methane CH4 occurs in nature as the primary component of natural gas…

Contribution: It is the second largest contributor to climate change, __________________

According to the UNEP, methane has 80 times the warming power of carbon dioxide during the first ___________ years after it is released into the atmosphere.

Global Warming Potential: Its warming effect is ___________ times greater than CO2 over a 100-year timescale (80 times over 20 years).

Then maybe on the 3rd day, another set of revealed and hidden info based on my retention.

Anyone with any ideas how this can be achieved??

1 Like

Not a fan of cloze deletions in such a context, as they are often used with quickly copied text instead of thoughtfully crafted cards and make active recall without the cloze context harder.

So I would opt for something like:

Q: What is the primary component of natural gas? A: Methane (CH4)
Q: What is the aecond largest contributor to climate change? A: atmospheric methane (CH4)
and so on

These cards will take longer to make them, but reviewing them will be faster and more successful. Maybe add another field for context information that this displayed below the answer.

1 Like

What you’re suggesting is the basic cards which I already use. Yes, you’re right I do need something that I can quickly copy. Whether the approach I’m seeking would turn out to be less effective is something I’m willing to test out…

Judging by the description of the problem, this addon should help you.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1990296174

1 Like

Thank you