What does "includes learning cards with a 1+ day delay in the review count" mean?

I recently switched from V2 to V3 scheduler and it messed up my complex sub-deck and new cards logic, and I’m trying to figure out if this line is the explanation (1):

The v3 scheduler includes learning cards with a 1+ day delay in the review count, so those learning cards will be subject to the daily limit.

I have over 20,000 new cards waiting to be learned, and I learn 50 new cards per day and complete all of my reviews that are due. All cards are in various sub-decks of one parent deck that contains no cards itself. That parent deck’s options are (obviously?) 50 new cards/day and 9999 maximum reviews/day.

Yesterday I switched to V3 scheduler, and at the end of my session, somehow I had only learned 36 new cards (despite 20,000+ new cards available to be learned), according to the Progress Graphs and Stats for Learned and Matured Cards (2) add-on, that shows I have consistently been learning 50 cards per day until the V2>V3 switch.

Can someone explain to me if the quoted text above is the cause, what it actually means in practice and how I can fix it?

If learning cards with a 1+ day delay are getting counted as part of the review count instead of the new count, does that mean that I actually did learn my normal 50 cards yesterday, but some of them were just calculated as review cards instead?

(1) Sorry, the forum does not allow me to include a link
(2) Sorry, the forum does not allow me to include a link

It means that if you have learning steps that cross a day boundary, when the cards are ready for review again, they’ll appear in the review count. It has no connection to new cards.

I’m not familiar with those add-ons. What happens if after doing your daily reviews, you search for introduced:1 in the browse screen to see the count of new cards answered?

What happens if after doing your daily reviews, you search for introduced:1 in the browse screen to see the count of new cards answered?

That was the right thing to ask! introduced:1 does in fact show that I learned 50 cards!

So I guess this is just a bug with the way the Progress Graphs and Stats for Learned and Matured Cards add-on (266436365) interacts with the V3 scheduler? That’s very weird and unfortunate because it adds a lot of really useful graphs to the (legacy) stats screen and I use it every single day.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 2.45.18 PM

Screenshot: I’ve been learning 50 cards per day (occasionally one more or one fewer due to burying). Saturday 12 August was the first day that I used the V3 scheduler; when it said that I did not learn the full 50 cards, I did a custom study session to learn extra. For Sunday 13 August and Monday 14 August, the graph says that I learned far fewer than 50 cards, but querying with the Browser shows that I did learn 50 each day.

Yes, it implies it’s an issue with the add-on. I recommend you use the contact button to let them know of the issue.

Fantastic add-on. Would love to see more statistics like these included in future Anki release

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.