Uninstall ANKI from Windows computer :(

Why won’t uninstalling, and reinstalling reset anki to it’s default settings?

Just yesterday, I accidentally deleted several “note types” that are used to create flashcards. And unfortunately I have not been able to recover them. I have already tried to uninstall the application and reinstall it, but it does not reset, I still have the problem. It is as if the ANKI data is stored somewhere, but I don’t know where.

I read the ANKI Manual and it says that: On Windows and OSX, Anki saves all its files in the Anki folder located in the Documents folder.

But this is not the case with me, because I have Windows and in the documents folder there is no ANKI folder. The only location I found where ANKI data is saved is: C:\ Program Files\ Anki

Thank you very much for your attention, I hope you can help me with my problem. :frowning:

You can find the backups of your collection in the folder: “C:\Users\your_Windows_username\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\your_anki_profile_name\backups”

2 Likes

Thank you very much for answering. :smiley: So, to completely remove ANKI from my computer and I can install it again with the default settings, I’m going to do this: uninstall ANKI (from Windows Control Panel), and then I’m going to delete this folder: C: \ Users \ your_Windows_username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Anki2
It is right? Or am I going to cause trouble if I do this?

Removing the Anki2 folder should be enough.
But if you don’t want to lose your collection, you should restore from a backup.

See https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/files?id=backups

2 Likes