Unable to signout of desktop anki

in Fall of 2020, I downloaded anki on my laptop. I cannot recall the email and password i used. I created a few cards, and then gave up using it. Today i created another account with a new email and password. The forum says if i am signed in, using the network page, I can deauthorize the previously installed Anki. The network page on my laptop does not have a deauthorize option. I want to signin with the account i created today, and have my desktop (PC) , laptop (PC) and Apple phone and ipads sync’d. How do i do this?
I also switched profiles, using the tool button, created a new profile, deleted the old profile on the laptop, no to avail.
having done all of this, when i still turn the laptop on, the old Anki opens up, and i don’t see a place to signout inorder to sign in to the new account. please help.
My PC is up to date with all the MS updates.

thanks

If you see no log out / deauthorize button, you’re already logged out. Clicking on the sync icon in the main window will prompt you for a username and password, and remember it if the login is successful.