Unable to restore automatic backup

Anki Desktop randomly stopped working for me and gave me the “collection file is corrupt error,” more specifically the error:
anki.errors.DBError: DbError { info: “SqliteFailure(Error { code: DatabaseCorrupt, extended_code: 11 }, Some("database disk image is malformed"))”, kind: Other }

Disabling addons, “checking the database,” and reopening the app didn’t fix this error. Next I tried to restore from an automatic backup by going to “switch profile”, but that resulted in a never-ending backing up message shown below:

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 7.05.14 PM

So next I tried renaming and removing the media database file which I saw on a previous forum post.

…But unfortunately none of these troubleshooting methods worked. My ankiweb, iPad, and iPhone anki apps all still have my decks intact, so this issue seems to be isolated to my desktop. Has anyone run into this issue before/ have a potential solution?

What happens if you create a new profile, and import the backup into that? If it works, you’ll need to manually copy media from your old profile folder over to avoid having to download it when setting up syncing again.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/files.html#file-locations

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.