TLDR: The Ultimate Deck for Turkish: Top 5k Vocabulary with Example Sentences, Sorted from Easiest Sentence to Hardest, With Studio Quality Audio.
Deck Link is at the bottom of this post.
What is this deck?
I’m a native Turkish speaker and created this deck for a friend who wants to learn Turkish. And having a good outcome, I wanted to share this with everyone who would benefit from it.
This deck will teach you the top 5000 Turkish vocabulary, and their usage in sentences via example sentences. Every word contains one example sentence at least. For words that have two meanings, there will be two example sentence, and so on for three.
Deck sorted from easiest sentence to hardest (sorted via Turkish_Sentence_1_Character_Count field), because this is the best way to study. You can also reorder by Rank field if you prefer this.
Audio of this deck created via Google Cloud TTS premium service. The chosen TTS audio model is
Turkish (Turkey), Male, tr-TR-Wavenet-E. Google’s latest WaveNet TTS systems offer about %90-95 proximity to real human voice. Which can be hard to distinguish from real human voice in most cases. This way of creating audio while offering real human voice experience, also offers high quality audio like it has been recorded in a studio.
From 5000 words (notes), in total 15k cards exist. Every word (note) has 3 card type to improve learning experience. And sorting is as shown in following list. Card types are as follows.
- Comprehension Cards: This card type will show you Turkish word, part of speech and Turkish sentences at front side. You need to try to remember the meaning of the word and sentence, you can check the back side after this.
- Recall Cards: This card type will show you English word, part of speech of Turkish word and English sentences at front side. You need to try to remember the Turkish word and sentences and also speak the turkish word and sentence out loud for spelling study, you can check the back side after this.
- Listening Cards: This card type will play Turkish words and sentences audio at front side. You need to try to listen and understand what you hear, remember the meaning of the word and sentence, and you may also repeat after what you hear for spelling study and you can check the back side after this.
- Rank: This field corresponds to the frequency of the word appeared in Turkish, 1st is for the word that is most used is Turkish and so on.
- Turkish_Word: This is the Turkish word that you will learn.
- Part_of_Speech: This field denotes the part of speech of the word.
- Turkish_Sentence_1: Turkish sentence for the words first meaning.
- Turkish_Sentence_2: Turkish sentence for the words second meaning. (if exists in top 5k)
- Turkish_Sentence_3: Turkish sentence for the words third meaning. (if exists in top 5k)
- English_Word: This field is for the meaning of the word in English.
- English_Sentence_1: English translation of the first Turkish sentence.
- English_Sentence_2: English translation of the second Turkish sentence. (if exists)
- English_Sentence_3: English translation of the third Turkish sentence. (if exists)
- Freq: This field contains the number how many times this word appeared in the source text. (Source text is 50 million words)
- Turkish_Word_Audio_Google_TTS: This field contains the Voice for the Turkish word.
- Turkish_Sentence_1_Audio_Google_TTS: Audio for the first Turkish sentence.
- Turkish_Sentence_2_Audio_Google_TTS: Audio for the second Turkish sentence. (if exists)
- Turkish_Sentence_3_Audio_Google_TTS: Audio for the third Turkish sentence. (if exists)
- Turkish_Sentence_1_Character_Count: Word count for the first Turkish sentence. (this field is the source of default sorting, which is from shorter to longer)
- Turkish_Sentence_2_Character_Count: Word count for the second Turkish sentence. (if exists)
- Turkish_Sentence_3_Character_Count: Word count for the third Turkish sentence. (if exists)
Listening & Spelling Card
Backside of a card (All card types has the same backside structure)
Annotated backside of a card (Structure of the backside with explanations)
Deck link: AnkiWeb