Text to Speech Support

Hey everyone! I have the latest version of Anki on my desktop. I’m trying to add the function so that anki can read the front fields in English. It says on the website that if I insert {{tts en_US:Front}} on the card template, it should work.

I added that onto my card by clicking on “Cards” and inputting it into “Front Template” but it always shows up as “Front template has a problem:
Found ‘⁨{{tts en_US:Front}}⁩’, but there is no field called ‘⁨Front⁩’”.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Am I inputting it in the wrong place or how does it work?

Thanks!!

As the message says: There is no field called Front. You have to change Front to the name of the field you want to read.

1 Like

Find the name of your field the front may be called “Text”

Thank you! It worked. Except on each flashcard I have parts that are purposely hidden until I reveal the answer and see the back of the card. The audio will say the entire thing including the hidden C1::

For example, if the sentence was “Nice to meet you” and I hid “Nice to {{c1::meet you}}”. When reviewing the flashcards, the audio would say “Nice to C1 colon colon meet you”. Is there any way to get rid of the “C1 colon colon” part?

Thanks!

Change Text to cloze:Text

1 Like

thank you so much!!!

1 Like