Spurious gridlines and symbols superimposed only in AnkiMobile

I have a problem with AnkiMobile 24.04. On Anki Desktop — it is Version ⁨2.1.58 (ab8b1465)⁩ Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0 — the cards show properly when studying the deck.

When studying the same deck in AnkiMobile 24.04 the same cards (both questions and answers) show with gridlines (looks like graph paper) and extra symbols—a counterclockwise circular arrow on the left and a gear symbol on the right— superimposed over the card. Other decks do not have this problem.

Any ideas what I can do to get rid of the gridlines and symbols?

I am sorry, but I can’t figure out how to include screenshots of Anki Desktop and AnkiMobile in this post.

Just drag your screenshot into the input form (when in edit mode).

Is this a publicly available deck?

Thanks. I just sent the screenshots. This is a custom deck I made. It has copyrighted content from a book I bought that I do not have rights to, so I made the deck just for me. I could send anything to do with the card formatting and a particular card as a sample.

The scratchpad is activated.

Deactivate it by clicking on the cogwheel in the lower right and the click on scratchpad.

If you are studying content for which it is useful to sketch something before showing the answer on the card (e.g., characters in a foreign language), AnkiMobile provides a feature called the ‘scratchpad’ (the analogous feature is called the ‘whiteboard’ in AnkiDroid). You can enable the scratchpad by tapping on the tools button, then “Scratchpad”

2 Likes

Oooh, thanks! It would have taken me a loooong time to figure that out. I had never encountered the scratchpad before.