Solution shown twice in Card Type Basic (and reversed card)

Hey everybody,
I’m new to Anki and I’d really appreciate your help.
When entering my cards in the Basic (and reversed card) format everything looks fine for the front/back version. However when it shows me the back/front cards, the solution is displayed twice. That can be quite disruptive, especially since I’ll need to share these decks with my students.
I have attached a picture.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do in order for both ways (front/back & back/front) to be displayed once?

Lia!

Annotation 2020-08-13 215919|259x499

You likely have included {{Front}} twice in your back template.

Click on Edit when reviewing a reverse card, click Cards, and check the back template text found at the left (after selecting Back Template).

The back template should look something like this:

{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

{{Front}}
1 Like

Hey there,
thank you for your quick response!
What you were saying would mean that instead of a/b I would get a/a.

Let me give you an example of what the issue is:
a/a works, so front/back is fine.
But instead of b/a I get b/aa
Meaning that I get back/front front and I have no idea where the second front is coming from. If it’s just one word it’s fine, but oftentimes it is more and it gets confusing.

Here is the code for the back template:

{{FrontSide}}

< hr id=answer>

{{Back}}

(Note: Here I added a space after <, because it wouldn’t show otherwise)

Here is the code for the front template:

{{Front}}

I checked and it’s the same code for Basic, Basic (and reversed card) and Basic (optional reversed card). I don’t think I changed anything about the code, I just made a few changes concerning the styling. I don’t think that is relevant here, but I’ll add the code just in case I might have missed something:

Styling:
.card {
font-family: calibri;
font-size: 21px;
text-align: center;
color: green;
background-color: white;
}

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Since the problem is in the Back->Front cards, you should check the templates of that card type. What you actually posted are the templates of the Front->Back cards.

In the default Basic (and reversed card) note type, it’s Card 2. You can select it in the top of the card layout screen.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, I was able to fix it with your help!

The back side is now

{{Back}}

< hr id=answer>

{{Front}}

I tried and it works, thanks a lot!