Size of the cards

Is there any way to show the size of every single card in Anki?

I have been using Anki for years, but in the beginning, I didn’t know how to summarize the topics.

I want to decrease the text amount of my old cards.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to ask!

By size you mean the amount of text for a given card? Like the number of characters displayed?

I don’t think there is a way to do that currently, but I might be wrong. Let’s see what other people say.

However, it could be a good suggestion for the Advanced Browser add-on. They say users can open an issue on Github to suggest new columns for the add-on.

Export to txt. Open in one of the spreadsheet programs (Google spreadsheets, excel, libreoffice). Use the function to count characters in a table cell.

3 Likes

I like @keks’s spreadsheet idea, but the other idea I had is to use regex (Searching - Anki Manual) to search you main field for any that have over X characters.

Keep in mind that whatever you choose, a card with formatting is always going to have more characters than a card without – because all of those HTML tags count. I suppose you could craft a regex search that ignores certain things, like characters between < > – but that pretty quickly gets pretty complicated with exclusions and inclusions.

1 Like

Yes, the number of MB of each card. My old cards have too much text. I want to resize them.

Thank you. It will solve my problem for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.