Shortcut to clear all editor fields

Hello. There are times when it would be helpful to have a shortcut to clear all editor fields. For example, when I make a new note, I might have content in several sticky fields. It would be nice to be able to quickly clear it all in one go.

Could we have such a shortcut? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Harry. Still here? I struggled with the similar problem. Just created an addon that does the thing. More than happy to share it, but give me a few days. First time I share an addon, so I’d like to clean it up a little bit.

2 Likes

Hi didi. Yep I’m still here, I check this forum regularly. Thank you so much for the reply. I would be very grateful if you could share the add on when you’re ready. :slight_smile:

Could you check out shared addon 261351307?

I have posted an update. Does it work now? Otherwise always open to have a quick call tomorrow. GitHub tells me you’re in London. I’m in Belgium, so the timezones kind of match.

Hello. Yes it does, thank you. Would it be possible to make it work via a keyboard shortcut? I would prefer something easy to press, such as ctrl + e. Or, could you even allow the user to configure the shortcut themselves?

Right now it’s Ctrl+1. I will allow the user to set the shortkey in a future update. If you have other ideas, let me know.

Ah ok. That choice doesn’t work for me, because it inteferes with the Quick Field Navigation add-on.

Updated it. Now it provides the options to specify the shortkey yourself and to customise the button icon. Moreover, there are now two functions: clear fields, and clear fields and tags. Let me know if you would experience any problems.

Thank you so much! I am really happy with this :slight_smile: