Scheduling seems backwards

Sometimes scheduling seems to work fine, as expected but many times it takes a week to see a question I had wrong again and instead I’m getting repeats of questions I said were easy.

Some questions seem to persist no matter how many times I select “easy”. It’s quite annoying. I’m considering just deleting all the easy questions but that defeats the purpose of using Anki.

Here’s an example:

If I select the easy button it should not show me that question for another 1.3 months. I’ve only been using the app for a couple weeks and I’ve selected easy on that question a bunch of times but it still keeps showing up. It’s frustrating.

My deck has 2100 questions and more than half of them should not show up for another month or two but yet I still get them repeatedly. It takes a long time to go through all the easy ones to one a few hard ones.

I don’t know how this works on the windows version because I’m only using iOS.

I’m very new to Anki so don’t know what question to ask or how to get support on this. I just want it to stop asking me all the easy questions so often.

I guess the real question is if I select 1 month then why does it show the question again in a couple days?

If you tap on the gear/cog, then Card Info, you can see a log of when you previously reviewed the card. If you believe a card has been scheduled incorrectly, please post a screenshot of the log and describe how it differs from your expectations.

This is one of at least a dozen cards I’ve definitely seen already today. I made notes on changes that I need to make on this one specifically. It seems like it’s not saving my progress in some situations but I don’t know what sort of situation causes it to fail to save. Maybe a phone call? Maybe when I pause so long my phone falls asleep? I don’t know but it’s clear that many cards are recurring and showing that I’ve never seen them before even though I definitely have.

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 12

If you tap on the gear/cog, then Card Info, you can see a log of when you previously reviewed the card. If you believe a card has been scheduled incorrectly, please post a screenshot of the log and describe how it differs from your expectations.

My stats show that I studied 98 cards today, which I think is accurate so I’m confused as to how it’s showing the same cards repeatedly but tracking them as first time views. I was expecting it to show that I only viewed 50 cards if half of the views were not being saved. This is really confusing me.

David
1(780)907-3799

This is one of at least a dozen cards I’ve definitely seen already today. I made notes on changes that I need to make on this one specifically. It seems like it’s not saving my progress in some situations but I don’t know what sort of situation causes it to fail to save. Maybe a phone call? Maybe when I pause so long my phone falls asleep? I don’t know but it’s clear that many cards are recurring and showing that I’ve never seen them before even though I definitely have.

<image.png>
<image.png>

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 12

Here’s another card that shows I’ve never seen before but I for sure did see it today and made notes about how to break it down into multiple cards.

David
1(780)907-3799

My stats show that I studied 98 cards today, which I think is accurate so I’m confused as to how it’s showing the same cards repeatedly but tracking them as first time views. I was expecting it to show that I only viewed 50 cards if half of the views were not being saved. This is really confusing me.

<image.png>

David
1(780)907-3799

<image.png>
<image.png>

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 12

Most likely, you devices are not in sync. If you are being prompted to upload/download, you must first upload on one device, and then download on any others you are using. Once the devices are in sync, subsequent changes should sync properly. If you are being prompted to upload or download at sync time, choosing download will mean any changes made on the local device are lost.

Not a chance. This issue is occurring without any PC activity at all. I’ve only used my PC three times, to upload new cards, and each time I double uploaded from the iPhone first. I’ve never once used my PC to review any cards.

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 22

Most likely, you devices are not in sync. If you are being prompted to upload/download, you must first upload on one device, and then download on any others you are using. Once the devices are in sync, subsequent changes should sync properly. If you are being prompted to upload or download at sync time, choosing download will mean any changes made on the local device are lost.

Does it happen with just one deck or with all of them?

Does it happen also if you reset your deck options to default?

Have you tried to reproduce the problem in Anki desktop? (First, sync your phone, uploading your collection to ankiweb, then sync your computer, downloading your collection from ankiweb)

I’m pretty sure it has to do with interruptions. I just received a phone call in the middle of a session and it seemed to set me back a few cards. Not a lot this time but it seems there are variables that affect how many cards are affected.

David
1(780)907-3799

Not a chance. This issue is occurring without any PC activity at all. I’ve only used my PC three times, to upload new cards, and each time I double uploaded from the iPhone first. I’ve never once used my PC to review any cards.

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 22

I have only ever used one deck until recently. Now I have a second deck and it just happened now on that deck. This time it seemed to be directly related to a ln incoming phone call but possibly to something I did after the call.

I was reviewing cards when a call came in. After the call I did some google searches, searched my email, forwarded an email, sent an sms then made a call. Then I returned to Anki and I was set back several cards which I had just finished before the call came in.

No, I have not tried the PC and will not likely be able to for some time. I do a lot of driving so I’m almost never at a computer.

David
1(780)907-3799

I’m pretty sure it has to do with interruptions. I just received a phone call in the middle of a session and it seemed to set me back a few cards. Not a lot this time but it seems there are variables that affect how many cards are affected.

David
1(780)907-3799

David
1(780)907-3799

dae
August 22

If you suspect that, I would definitely try to replicate the problem with the PC or with Ankiweb, just to discard options.

I can’t receive interruptions on the PC. It doesn’t take phone calls.

David
1(780)907-3799

| cqg Regular
August 22 |

• | - |

DSMagic:

If you suspect that, I would definitely try to replicate the problem with the PC or with Ankiweb, just to discard options.

If you’re 100% sure that the problem is phone interruptions, ok.

I wouldn’t be so sure, at least not before discarding other options. There can be a lot of potential factors causing this issue.

Good luck!

I’m not 100% sure of anything but I don’t use a PC so I don’t have any issues on the PC. I don’t even have a way to reproduce anything on a PC. But I am having issues on my iPhone and even though I have not yet managed to specifically and deliberately reproduce it the problem is recurring.

The PC app is a free download but the iOS was a hefty price for a mobile app and compared to similar apps. So I would hope that someone who is receiving the funds from the app purchases is willing to troubleshoot my issues with the iOS app.

| cqg Regular
August 22 |

• | - |

DSMagic:

I can’t receive interruptions on the PC. It doesn’t take phone calls.

If you’re 100% sure that the problem is phone interruptions, ok.

I wouldn’t be so sure, at least not before discarding other options. There can be a lot of potential factors causing this issue.

Good luck!

Hi David, I’m pretty sure you’ll get the help you need very soon, I was just trying to ask some questions (and giving some ideas that you could easily try by yourself) that could help to understand what your problem might actually be.

It looks like you’re not using the latest version of the app. 2.0.75 made saving more frequent, so it’s possible it will resolve the issue you’re encountering. Please download the update from the app store and then see if you can reproduce the problem.