Schedule cards to appear every specific day

I would like to schedule cards to appear every 5 days without having to always schedule the 5 days.
For example, I have a deck called “French” and I would like all the cards in that deck to appear for me as a review every 5 days, is that possible?

First of all, this is defeating the purpose of spaced repetition. You will be reviewing easily remembered things exactly as often as difficult things.

In any case, I don’t think Anki will let you reschedule for exactly 5 days because it uses a fuzz factor, and I don’t think you can turn it off. So sometimes 5 days might be 6 days or 4 days. This is precisely to avoid having the same cards always showing up together.

You could create a Filtered deck and uncheck the option to “Reschedule cards based on my answers in this deck”. Then all the cards would simply remain New forever. But then you’d have use some external calendar to remind you to study the Filtered deck every 5 days.

4 Likes

Hi Genaro. Sprvlcn is correct that this is not the intention of Anki. However, if you only want to see the cards every 5 days, then you should be able to set your maximum interval for that deck at 5 days. After those cards go through the learning process, they will max out at five days and stay there until you increase the interval.
To change the interval, click on the deck “options” button, scroll down to “Advanced” section, and set the maximum interval to “5”. Make sure to save your settings to it’s own deck type, otherwise other decks that are connected to those same settings will also be modified. Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.