Right hand reviews / hjkl answer shortcuts / Handy Answer Keys (configurable) [Official thread]

@mfraidmylord: You have to decide which add-on you prefer. There’s nothing I can do.

Both add-ons modify the same parts of the reviewer, i.e. the functions _shortcutKeys and _answerCard.

My add-on makes the change in a way so that in general it should work with other add-ons. From a technical point of view I wrap a built-in function, i.e. I tell Anki that instead of just executing a built-in function it should execute some of my code and then the built-in function.

Godmode tells Anki to totally ignore the built-in function and instead use a custom one. So a true fix needs to be made by the godmode add-on. Though sometimes just wrapping is not enough and two add-ons are truely incompatible. It’s a bit unexpected to have code that modifies the reviewer in an add-on that’s mainly about easier cloze shortcuts in the editor.

Edit: I just looked at the source code of the godmode add-on and it has this remark: “I attempted to make GODMODE with its own limited shortcuts, but found that it interfered the above addon. So the easiest solution for me was to merge the two addons into one so that they don’t conflict.”

Add-ons are usually shared for free and so these are mainly tailored to the add-on creator and everything that makes life easier for an add-on creator is a good reason in my view even though sometimes it has side-effects for other potential users …

Edit2: Also see the issue I opened in the godmode repo

1 Like