Report bug for version 2.1.54

From 2.1.49 to 2.1.54(Windows 11), I need to endure a lot of bugs every day. Hoping to be repaired in the next release:

Bug 1: When dragging local images from Explorer to the editor, the images are not added directly to the mouse cursor as in previous versions, but often to the top of all text. I could only fix it by modifying the HTML after dragging.

Bug 2: When the width of the long text exceeds the width of the editor, it does not automatically wrap, how can I edit these text? This is a very annoying problem.

cf=FunctionCompile[Function[Typed[groups,"ListVector"::["PackedArray"::["Real64",1]]],Fold[Typed[Plus,{"Real64","Real64"}->"Real64"],Map[Total,groups]]]];
cf[{{4,10},{1,2,6}}]

Bug 3: To preview Mathjax, newer versions of anki will automatically replace “(” and “[”, but there is some of this code in my notes themselves. But they are not Mathjax actually, don’t know how to solve this problem. Such as this code:

ResourceFunction["PlotVector"][{{3, 1}, A . {3, 1}}, 
 PlotLabel -> "m=(3,1)关于y=\!\(\*FractionBox[\(1\), \(2\)]\)x的反射变换"]

Bug 4: The mouse wheel is disabled when the cursor is in the HTML editing area:

This has already an issue on GitHub: ability to control where dropped images are inserted · Issue #1828 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

1 Like

This is not a bug: if you want to use characters that are part of the markup, you just need to escape them. HTML allows escaping most usual characters with named escapes that are often easier to remember than their unicode point. For instance, you could replace any \ with \ in the HTML editor.

I’m not completely sure about that, but I think that’s because the HTML editor has its own scrolled box (or whatever the Qt equivalent is), which means it contains it own scrolling bar, and therefore when you scroll while focusing it, you only scroll it (which effectively does nothing if there is not enough text for it to span over several pages).

This is because the word-wrap property is probably left as the default, which is normal (which produces the effect you see). If you want to change it, you need to inject a new CSS rule with word-wrap: break-word;. See the w3 example.

1 Like

Added to Ensure text in editor wraps · Issue #1985 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

1 Like