2.1.46 Release Candidate

If no issues are found, the plan is to release this as stable in the next day or two:

https://changes.ankiweb.net/changes/2.1.40-49.html#changes-in-2146

6 Likes

Added F9/Shift+F9 shortcuts for sticky fields, and increase opacity (thanks to Henrik)

Cheers, @hengiesel! Was missing this from Frozen Fields and I appreciate that people will be able to keep using the shortcuts they’re used to.

1 Like

A big thanks to all of you. All the bugs I’ve reported were fixed.

2 Likes

I made an account here just to report the shift pasting duplication bug, but it looks like it was already found. Thanks for the quick fix!

2 Likes

Change Note Type doesn’t seem to work in the Import dialog for a text file.

anki_ckAAE7WNxo

If a new note type is to be selected, e.g. Basic → Cloze, nothing changes, the field mapping stays the same and the imported notes will have the wrong note type.

The html editor uses % as spaces in image file names. Does this cause problems if there are actually % symbols in the image names? I don’t want to run into problems we did in the past. @hengiesel perhaps you know about this?

@kelciour thanks, fix coming

@AnKingMed Saw your latest video - thank you for spreading the word about the new version! Your video showed a bug where the redo text shows the wrong action; a fix for that will be in the next update.

Spaces in filenames need to be represented as %20. If you use a % in a filename and add it via Anki’s interface, it should automatically escape the % sign to %25.

Always happy to spread the word! Didn’t realize the bug but I’m glad you caught that!

No way to represent spaces as just spaces? I added a % to the image name in the html editor and it didn’t change after reset. I’m assuming this only automatically escapes if I add the images with copy/paste and not by manually typing the name?

2.1.46 has been released. Changes since rc1:

• Fixed Redo menu item showing Undo action name.
  • Fixed notetype selection in the import screen.
  • Fixed error in overview/congrats screen when there is no current deck.

If you run into any issues, please let us know on a new thread.

@AnKingMed Not easily, no. The inline HTML editor is showing the actual HTML that is used to display the fields, and not the easier-to-read-but-not-actually-valid HTML that the old HTML editor used. While it may be possible to apply transforms to the text, there’s a risk it could introduce problems if not done correctly, and I’m not sure it’s the right move in a mode that is supposed to be showing the raw text.