Remove formatting issues – shortcut Ctrl+R

When clicking on the remove formatting button in the add-section or browse-section while having filtered off certain formats like bold/italics it works great

but when you use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+R it removes ALL formats, regardless of what you have toggled off :frowning:

Also, while we’re at it, is there a way to remove certain formats (like all except what text is bold) in multiple selected notes? (so then it would apply to all fields in those selected notes) – or maybe you would be able to choose what fields it would apply to too?

it would also be nice if Anki remembered was formats you have toggled on and off for the tool for next time you use it when you edit a card when reviewing!

By the looks of the current code, the action when clicking the button and using a shortcut should be identical.

no…

If I use Ctrl+R bold text formatting is also removed, even if I have toggled it off like you can see. Or is it working in version 50 and not 49?

Yes, selective format removal was added in 2.1.50 and is not available in 2.1.49.

Never mind! This is probably an add-on problem, because when I started while holding shift the shortcut worked as it should.

Might be the keyboard shortcut icon, maybe I’ll try and set remove formatting to

I am on Version ⁨2.1.54 (b6a7760c)⁩
Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1

What is below is probably not important,

Let’s use this as an example, we have this green text and I want to remove the green text but not what is bolded. In this instance I am in the add mode, but the same happens in the browse mode!

As you can see the green a is not bolded anymore!
This happens when I use the keyboard short

Yes that did the trick, it’s an issue with the keyboard shortcuts add-on so let’s change it to that so that maybe the developer for that sees this.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.