Random blank windows since new UI

Hi all,

Ever since the UI changed (I think it was in 2.1.61 or 2.1.62), I’ve had problems where random windows I try to open will be blank. I’ll wait a while and it stays blank. By random windows, I mean from the main window, I click on card browser or add or import. Sometimes, by closing and restarting Anki, the window shows but not always.

Currently I’m on 2.1.62 and I’ve tried both Qt6 and Qt5. I have had more success with Qt5 - so far, the card browser and add card windows show up. But I’m still getting a blank import window.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling 2 or 3 times. With each removal I made sure the C:\Program Files\Anki folder was gone after uninstalling. I also deleted the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Anki folder which looked like it contained the Qt dll files. The only folder I’ve never deleted is the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Anki2 folder, but from what I can see, there’s nothing in that folder that should cause issues.

Are there diagnostic logs I can generate or take a look at? I feel like Qt just isn’t working well on my system.

Also, https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/display-issues.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.