Quizlet to Anki Converter not working

I get this message when trying to add a quizlet deck. The add on number is 538351043. I’ve tried multiple different add ons for this. I had it earlier, and then I upgraded, no add ons worked, so I reverted back to the old version with the downgrade and exit way, that didn’t work. So then I completely uninstalled and deleted my old Anki downloads, and redownloaded the 2.1.26 version and the heat map add on is working but not my quizlet still. Why is it not working? The issue it gives me is below.

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.26 (70784154) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.13.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Mac 10.15.5
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-09-02 11:43:15
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Improved Quizlet to Anki 21 Importer⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/maggie/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/538351043/init.py”, line 291, in onCode
self.createDeck(deck)
File “/Users/maggie/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/538351043/init.py”, line 320, in createDeck
terms = result[‘terms’]
KeyError: ‘terms’

1 Like

This is happening to me too!

I am having the same issue. Downgrading doesn’t seem to work and neither does trying to install an older version.

okay actually i put it on the github so the creator would know, and he basically said that quizlet changed their code so he’s working on fixing it up! i think everyone’s having this problem right now.

I am having the exact same issue! Got the same message too, but did not attempt to downgrade like you did. I really hope this gets fixed soon because my nursing semester is well under way…

Okay, that’s good to know. Hopefully everything will be fixed by next week. This is a really big deal because its a popular Add On.

Thank you for taking the time to create an account and post it on the forum. It looks like I don’t have a choice but to fix the add-on. The add-on probably will be updated on AnkiWeb over the weekend. For now, it can be updated manually by opening Tools - Add-ons - Improved Quizlet … - View Files and replacing __init__.py with the new one downloaded from https://gist.github.com/kelciour/ef71cee6c4ab70637e89b8b212ddd6cd and restarting Anki.

1 Like

How exactly do I replace it? I am having a little trouble with this. I downloaded it from the link, but I don’t know how to replace it. Should I just wait for it to get updated?

I’ve uploaded a new version on AnkiWeb.