Quick note and deck buttons (Fork for 2.1) [Official thread]

I can’t breathe without your add-on in the new version now…

Howdy!

First, I want to emphasize that I registered for this form just so I could beg you to update this add-on.

Please, god, it’s literally indispensable and I need it back. It’s SO useful.

Hell, I’d even pay you to get it back.

Please, please, please. I would be so happy.

Thank you! <3

Thank you for updating the add-on to anki 2.1.45+ !!! It’s working very well!!

Hello,
since I updated to Anki 2.1.49 the words “Type” and “Deck” are displayed on top of the buttons instead of next to them on the left. Like this:

Is this an intended behavior? Can I change some settings to change it back?

Thank you in advance

These Qt top buttons and their labels and are layed out in a grid, which seems to make them stack when they don’t have enough horizontal space.

It’s interesting why it only happens after updating to 2.1.49. But I don’t think it’s worth spending a whole lot of time on fixing it, since these buttons will eventually be replaced with web components anyway.

@jcznk : I just uploaded a new version that should fix this. could you check for add-on updates, install them, restart anki and then after restarting try again.

The problem occured in my add-on version for Anki .45+ because I have a separate file for this newer version because in .45 the way the file and deck chooser work was changed (simplified) so that I have some changes just for these newer anki versions. It was just a mistake in my code to put the label on top in a separate row.

1 Like

I updated the addon and now it works perfectly! Thank you!

Hello,
I think your addon is incompatible with the Anki 2.1.50+ version (v1.4.0) of Image Occlusion Enhanced https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155

If I try to use IOE while ‘Quick note and deck buttons’ is active this message appears:

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.52 (ab1c2395) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.0 PyQt 6.3.0
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-05-13 15:29:06

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 42, in cmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 149, in _onCmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 619, in onBridgeCmd
File “decorator”, line 232, in fun
File “anki.hooks”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki.hooks”, line 86, in repl
File "C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1593969147_init
.py", line 558, in onBridgeCmd
return _old(self, cmd)
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\24411424\custom_shortcuts.py”, line 440, in cs_captureBridgeToggleSticky
return _old(self,cmd)
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1423933177\view.py”, line 22, in myLinkHandler
return old(self, url)
File “aqt.editor”, line 464, in onBridgeCmd
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\main.py”, line 130, in
lambda editor=editor: onImgOccButton(editor),
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\main.py”, line 101, in on_image_occlusion_button
self.imgoccadd.occlude(image_path)
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\add.py”, line 122, in occlude
self.callImgOccEdit(width, height)
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\add.py”, line 223, in callImgOccEdit
dialog = ImgOccEdit(self, self.ed.parentWindow)
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\editor.py”, line 134, in init
self.setupUi()
File “C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\editor.py”, line 199, in setupUi
self.deckChooser = deckchooser.DeckChooser(mw, self.deck_container, label=True)
File “aqt.deckchooser”, line 25, in init
File "C:\Users\Alessandro\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1331140127\quick_note_deck_buttons_50
.py", line 287, in deck_chooser_setup_ui_mod
parent = self._widget.parent().parent()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘parent’

then if I toggle your addon and restart Anki everything works fine

@jcznk : thanks for the report. I uploaded a new version that should now work with the IO add-on. Update your add-ons and restart anki. let me know if the problem persists.

1 Like