Pblm add on please solve

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.35 (84dcaa86) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-11-11 23:57:26

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\ARUL SCLSYA\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\723520343\libaddon\gui\basic\dialog_basic.py”, line 93, in accept
self._onAccept()
File “C:\Users\ARUL SCLSYA\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\723520343\libaddon\gui\dialog_options.py”, line 130, in _onAccept
self.config.save()
File “C:\Users\ARUL SCLSYA\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\723520343\libaddon\anki\configmanager.py”, line 216, in save
saver(self._config[name])
File “C:\Users\ARUL SCLSYA\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\723520343\libaddon\anki\configmanager.py”, line 457, in _saveSynced
self._getStorageObj(“synced”)[self._conf_key] = config
File “anki\config.py”, line 64, in setitem
File “anki\config.py”, line 40, in set
orjson.JSONEncodeError: Type is not JSON serializable: WrappedDict

edit: see the answer below by p4nix. My answer is wrong. The problem is caused by using the old version from here whereas glutanimate’s official version from github is much younger

original answer:

this problem is caused by the add-on “Review Heatmap”.

The add-on creator won’t be notified about this thread. There’s Review Heatmap [Official Support Thread] and https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/issues

I would check both if other users have reported the same problem and if there’s a solution. If not I would repost there and offers as much info as possible.

He’s not using Glutanimate’s review heatmap. Problem can be fixed by downloading and following the instructions here: https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/releases/tag/v1.0.0-beta.1

And removing the add-on he currently has.

1 Like