Heatmap Settings Causing Error

Hello,

I am very new to Anki, and recently installed the Heatmap Addons. When I tried to change the color scheme, I was able to open the “review heatmap settings” tab and change the color scheme option just fine. However, when I click “OK”, the following error comes up. I have tried restarting Anki, but I am not sure what else to try. Heatmap is the only addon I have installed. Thanks for any help in advance!

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.30 (06a69c25) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-08-20 16:26:55

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\luke\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1722241614\libaddon\gui\basic\dialog_basic.py”, line 93, in accept
self._onAccept()
File “C:\Users\luke\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1722241614\libaddon\gui\dialog_options.py”, line 130, in _onAccept
self.config.save()
File “C:\Users\luke\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1722241614\libaddon\anki\configmanager.py”, line 216, in save
saver(self._config[name])
File “C:\Users\luke\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1722241614\libaddon\anki\configmanager.py”, line 457, in _saveSynced
self._getStorageObj(“synced”)[self._conf_key] = config
File “anki\config.py”, line 64, in setitem
File “anki\config.py”, line 40, in set
orjson.JSONEncodeError: Type is not JSON serializable: WrappedDict

This is a no-brainer. Please read the first review, remove the add-on and install the official version.

As add-ons are programs downloaded from the internet, they are potentially malicious. You should only download add-ons you trust.

image 50

Reuploading the beta release here is not cool, especially without any kind of attribution. Please take it down.

For anyone else reading this: You can grab the official beta releases of Review Heatmap here → Releases · glutanimate/review-heatmap · GitHub . Please note that these are beta releases, and so they are bound to still have issues that need to be addressed – which is why they should not be put on AnkiWeb.

– Glutanimate

3 Likes

Wow I can’t believe I didn’t see those reviews! :joy::sweat_smile: Thank you so much.