Order of cards when studying (new > learning > review)

Hi there!

This question has probably already been asked, but I couldn’t find an easy solution anywhere. So here’s my problem:
Right now, first I get a number of new cards to study (number defined by me), then I get the older “review ones” before I get the middle “learning” ones. Is it possible to change that? I’d still prefer to have the new ones first (which you can configure in the settings), but then the “learning” and in the end the “review”. Maybe there’s a setting I don’t know or an Add-on I’ve never seen (I’m using Anki Desktop, Version ⁨2.1.49).

Sorry again if it is the same question again, but I’d be really thankful for some help!

Hi, I think this section of the docs is a place to start:

https://docs.ankiweb.net/deck-options.html#insertion-order

Edit: perhaps this is also related/relevant?

Personally, the “deck options” for my local setup fails at the moment, but I don’t have the time to debug:

My error message (unrelated to topic)

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.49 (acf7df0d) Python 3.10.1 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.6
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-01-02 15:58:51

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/webview.py”, line 41, in cmd
return json.dumps(self.onCmd(str))
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/webview.py”, line 142, in _onCmd
return self._onBridgeCmd(str)
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/webview.py”, line 595, in _onBridgeCmd
return self.onBridgeCmd(cmd)
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/overview.py”, line 97, in _linkHandler
display_options_for_deck(self.mw.col.decks.current())
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckoptions.py”, line 111, in display_options_for_deck
aqt.deckconf.DeckConf(aqt.mw, deck_legacy)
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 44, in init
self.setupConfs()
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 78, in setupConfs
self.loadConfs()
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 95, in loadConfs
self.onConfChange(startOn)
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 119, in onConfChange
self.loadConf()
File “/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 209, in loadConf
f.lrnFactor.setValue(c[“initialFactor”] / 10.0)
TypeError: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

Learning and relearning steps are setted in your deck options, so if you forget a review card, and your relearning steps are, say, 5m, 1h, 1d, Anki will show you that card in approximately 5 minutes again.

So, changing your learning and relearning steps may work for you.

Also, you can try changing the New/review order and Interday learning/review order settings (in Deck options)