No synchronization over wifi

Using Anki (AnKing deck) for medical school over one year without issues. Today was studying on Anki Desktop App in the car and used hotspot from my cellphone to synchronize. This worked fine. Later, same day, studied on Anki Mobile on the cellphone and synchronized after (through cellular data). This also worked fine. Am now on wifi and Anki will not synchronize on neither mobile or desktop app. This message appears: Connection timed out. Please try again. If you see frequent timeouts, please try a different network connection. Error details: ⁨error sending request for url (): error trying to connect: operation timed out⁩

I can log in to ankiweb and see that my last synchronization is updated. The problem is I cannot synchronize over wifi, but I am able to over cellular data. This is fine for Anki Mobile, but it lacks features that are more usable on Anki Desktop app. When I try to synchronize on desktop through hotspot, I am forced to download from web but the rather large AnKing deck fails before it completes the download and the above error message appears again. Please help.

Some ideas you can try:
https://faqs.ankiweb.net/syncing-failed-connection-timed-out-errors-when-syncing.html#syncing-failed-connection-timed-out-errors-when-syncing

1 Like