New Version ⁨2.1.54 (b6a7760c)⁩ won't remain zoomed

As the title says, I updated my Anki and now it will not remain zoomed in while reviewing decks. i.e. I’m studying zoomed in (bad eyesight and cannot really see the words on my cards on my desktop without being zoomed in) and every 15 mins or so it will suddenly resets the zoom to default. It’s incredibly inconvenient when trying to study. Any ideas? I haven’t found an answer on Anki’s support site or on reddit.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have a similar issue. Mine will reset the zoom upon any action such as selecting a deck.

Version ⁨2.1.54 (a8e34ce4)⁩. Python 3.9.10, Qt 6.3.1, PyQt 6.3.1.

I have not tested Qt 5.

1 Like

Zooming is intended to be used temporarily when eg. encounting a small image. If you find the text size too small, it is better to adjust the size in the card template: Anki 2: Styling Cards - YouTube

1 Like

My bad, I missed this in the notes for 2.1.52-rc1

• Reset page zoom when moving between different screens.

Still I think it should be indicated to be temporary. Perhaps with a (Temporary) text near the button. My reasoning is that (as far as I’ve used) every other software’s zoom is permanent.

I see what you’re saying, but I only need it zoomed when studying farsi, because the script is harder for me to read. And in the past with all other versions of Anki, it will remain zoomed and not convert back.

You can give your Farsi cards a separate notetype, and adjust the font size for that template separately.