new feature is ‘‘cloze deletion’’

In update 2.1.54, I see a new feature is ‘‘cloze deletion’’, its shortcut is Ctrl+ALT+Shifft+C. I find it quite complicated to use. I want to ask is there any way to change this shortcut to use anki more conveniently? Thanks you for all!!

If you don’t need to reuse the same number, the shortcut is ctrl+shift+c. There’s no built-in way to change it, but an add-on may let you.

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts - AnkiWeb I do suggests you to use this add-on.

Thank you very much. However i want to reuse the same number so i hope you recommend me that add-on!!

Thank you very much. But in add-on in my anki, there isnot icon Custom Shortcuts so I cannot change my shortcut. I hope you help me to slove that problem!!

1. click it on Tools > Add-ons.
  2. After correctly install, double click on Customize Keyboard Shortcuts.
  3. Follow instructions.

i myself use paid software mkm for that.
multi keyboard macros.

it allow attach a 2nd keyboard to use that solely for macros.
now my 2nd keyboard s D is alt+ctrl+shift+c.

foss autohotkey can also do similar but ahk dont allow using 2nd keyboard as macro keyboard.
if u assign d as the above shortcut, every d in every keyboard will be that shortcut, that s the problem.

Thank you, I download add-on from the web which you shared for me. However, after I follow your instructions and change the shortcut it doesn’t work. I don’t know I don’t know what to do next! I hope you help me!!
Ảnh chụp màn hình 2022-12-20 021855

I understanded your idea, thank you very much!!

For the add-on to take effect you need to restart Anki.

Also: the shortcut for ‘editor cloze alt’ must contain Alt, even if you customize it using an add-on.
So, for example, Ctrl + W will not work (the shortcut will behave like the normal cloze button), but Ctrl + Alt + W will.

If you don’t mind use a small script to reach it, here is a solution may help you.

OK. Thank you very much. I understanded your idea

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.