(MacOS) Shortcuts not working

Hello,
Using Anki ⁨2.1.54 on MacOS 13.2.1 and all of the keyboard shortcuts grayed out. Any ideas on how to fix this.
Thanks.

Could you screenshot the problem?
Getting help - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Isn’t that normal behavior on MacOS? Even on safari is like that

another example with Brave browser

Mine is like that too (prob more gray-ish because i’m on dark mode in macOS)

The thing is, can you use the shortcuts? Are they running fine?

if it isn’t, could you see if the latest version fix it

1 Like

That’s what the keyboard shortcuts look like in all programs on the Mac.It has nothing to do with Anki as you can see if you open any other program on the Mac.

If I type the key combination for delete while highlighting a note, it does not delete the note. I’m just trying to be more efficient using the app.

What exactly do you mean by that? Marking, flagging or just selecting?

I’m in browse. I highlight a note in a deck that I want to delete. The keyboard shortcut for delete (command delete) does not work and I need to use the pulldown menu, which is slow and inefficient.

The shortcut is cmd+forward delete, which may be cmd+fn+delete on your keyboard.

might need to change or add cmd+fn+delete

The del symbol won’t be present in upcoming macOS versions, so users attempting to use the shortcut “cmd + del” won’t be successful.

This thread highlights potential problems that more recent Macbooks (m1/m2) will experience in the future when using outdated keyboard shortcuts.

M2 pro keyboard

I don’t think we can represent Fn in the menubar with Qt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.