Lagging on card switch (Windows)

ezgif.com-gif-maker

I am having this problem again on windows after the update (initially to 2.1.56 then tried 2.1.54, & still have the same problem). However, the last time this happened I was able to fix it by changing the Video driver. Unfortunately, with the new update, I don’t see how I can access that feature on ‘Preferences’.

You can change the video driver using the instructions found in the manual at Display Issues - Anki Manual.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have read those instructions and they aren’t very user friendly. I have since downgraded to Qt5 given that you are still able to access the video driver through the preferences in that. However, in the Qt6 ‘instructions’, it says that you can switch the software mode by doing this “echo software > %APPDATA%\Anki2\gldriver6”… I’m currently in medical school and I’m not a software engineer lol. I have no clue where to access this software mode in order to switch these settings.

Sorry about that. I should’ve provided more detailed instructions.

There isn’t a place in the program to change this setting anymore, at least not as far as I can tell. If you’d like to try again, please try this.

1. Press Win+R on your keyboard. That should open the Windows Run dialog. Then type cmd and click OK. You will see a new window appear with a command prompt.

0runfile

0cmd

1. In the new command prompt window, type the following, then press Enter. Alternatively, you can copy it and then paste it into the window with Ctrl-V.
echo software > %APPDATA%\Anki2\gldriver6

0cmd2

The command won’t produce any output, which will mean it was successful.

1. Close the command prompt window.

Now open the Qt6 version of Anki that you were having problems with and see if there are still any issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.