Import of .txt files: add new tags to existing tags

Hi,
I’m using Anki Version ⁨23.10.1 and am looking for a way to add new tags to existing notes in Anki by importing a .txt file.
Using a field in the .txt file and refering in the import dialog of anki to “tags”, the existing tags are deleted and replaced by the value of the field in the .txt file.
How can the existing tags be remained and the new tags amended?
Thank you very much for your support.
Daniel

In the Import File dialog, you can “Tag all notes” or “Tag updated notes”. So every existing note can get a new tag.

Then in the Browse window, you can search for all notes with that new tag and manually remove the old tag from them.

Maybe that’s not as automated as you might like…

Hi,
If you do it as you suggest, then all notes get the same additional tag. But I would like to have different tags added, according to the field values of the .txt file …

Okay, I misunderstood your original question.

The Import File dialog doesn’t have this. In principle, it’s the sort of thing an add-on might be able to do, but I don’t know of any add-on with this very specific functionality.

It’s not possible by simply importing, but you can export, add the tags with a spreadsheet, and then add them back again. For smaller edits, it would be faster to use the bulk add/remove tag actions in the browse screen instead.

Thank you so much for your answers! dae has solved my problem. Great & many thanks again to both responders/supporters!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.