Image organization issue

Hi!

I’ve been reorganizing images so they appear next to one another instead of on-top-of one another so I can see them easier. This has been working fine for over a year and I’ve had no trouble up until last week. In the editor, it shows that I put the images next to one another, but when I go to the card, they still show below. Any ideas as to why? It’s not a size issue pushing it down, and it occurs when I disable all add-ons. I did update to the newest Anki version, but this started just before I updated.

Can you show the card template window, the Front or Back Template and the Styling section, or export one card and upload it somewhere? It can be done from the card browser using the Notes menu - Export Notes.

If everything is fine in the editor, maybe it’s some CSS rules in the Styling section. I can’t think of any other reason. Something like

img {
  display: block;
}

The issue can be investigated using AnkiWebView Inspector add-on and Chrome DevTools to see what CSS rules were applied to img tags, especially the value of display attribute.

I have uploaded the screenshots, I am not sure why I am randomly having this problem. It is from the same SketchyPathology deck that I have been using for months. Also, I am not the best with the technical aspects of Anki. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks in advance!

This is how I want it to look:

This is how the cards actually look:

Try to replace display: block; with display: inline; for img { ... } in the Styling tab, i.e.

.card {
}

.textstyling {
}

.mobile .night_mode .textstyling {
}

img {
    display: block;
}

to

img {
    display: inline;
}
2 Likes

Ahh, it worked! You saved me tons of time trying to figure this out. I appreciate your help!