Image occlusion cards -> option to "toggle masks" like on desktop version

On the desktop version, once I’ve answered an image occlusion card I can click “toggle masks” to toggle between having a red outline of the occlusion on:

…or off:

On AnkiDroid, there is no “toggle masks” button and I can’t find anything in the options/settings.

So unless I’m missing an option/setting somewhere (if so, please tell me where it is), please add the option to have the red outline on AnkiDroid, like it is on Anki desktop. It is very helpful, especially in cards with lots of occlusions so your eyes can easily track where they are after you answer the card.

Thanks for your work on this great app!

On my ankidroid it works fine.
Imgur
Imgur
Ankidroid 2.19beta2

Depending on this setting, the button may not be displayed.
Imgur

If for some reason your note type has gone bad, you can add the default one again.
Imgur

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them, but no luck:

• Adding the default image occlusion note type again: no effect
  • Hide all, guess one vs. hide one, guess one: no effect

I’m on the latest stable release, 2.18.4. Maybe that’s the issue?

I had reinstalled Ankidroid on my phone only a few weeks ago since it kept crashing on startup, so I don’t think reinstalling will fix it. Plus the behavior is the same on my tablet and phone (both running the same version). But I guess I could try that next.

Can anyone else confirm how their Ankidroid is behaving for these cards?

It works in 2.18.4 for me. Does this card have multiple masks though? It doesn’t look like it does. So there’s nothing to toggle, right?

Thank you for checking how it works for you.

I tried creating a card with multiple masks and I do now see the Toggle Masks button. However, there still is no red outline for the revealed card:

Clicking Toggle Masks lets me see the whole card without occlusions, but again still no red outlines:

The same card on desktop shows the red outline with the other occlusions still hidden when I first answer the card:

Then when I click on Toggle Masks, the red outline and the other occlusions disappear:

Again on desktop, changing the card so that all 3 occlusions are combined into 1 gives 3 red outlines:

And clicking Toggle Masks removes the red outlines:

To summarize:

• The red outline that remains after answering an image occlusion card is present on my Anki Desktop (24.06.3) but missing from my AnkiDroid (2.18.4).
  • This may be a bug only on my AnkiDroid installation since it appears that (so far) other people don’t have this problem.

@Danika_Dakika Do you have the red outline on AnkiDroid?

I have a button with one mask.

back
{{#Header}}<div>{{Header}}</div>{{/Header}}
<div style="display: none">{{cloze:Occlusion}}</div>
<div id="err"></div>
<div id="image-occlusion-container">
    {{Image}}
    <canvas id="image-occlusion-canvas"></canvas>
</div>
<script>
try {
    anki.imageOcclusion.setup();
} catch (exc) {
    document.getElementById("err").innerHTML = `Error loading image occlusion. Is your Anki version up to date?<br><br>${exc}`;
}
</script>

<div><button id="toggle">Toggle Masks</button></div>
{{#Back Extra}}<div>{{Back Extra}}</div>{{/Back Extra}}

Thank you for supplying some code, though I’m not sure how to use it. Can you tell me what to do with it?

I see the same thing you are. No red outline for the current cloze. But I don’t regularly use IO cards, so I can’t say if that’s expected behavior.

1 Like

Would anyone else who is listening mind checking on this on their AnkiDroid? @Danika_Dakika seems to have the same issue I am having, but @Keks does not. A larger sample size would shed more light.