How to find note type IDs?

It’s stated in the manual that note type IDs can be found by clicking on a note type in the Browse screen.
But I’m not able to find anything about note type IDs anywhere in the interface.

Right-click/ctrl+click an item in the browser and select Info.

That’s the note ID.
I’m referring to note type ID, called mid (model ID, I think) in the linked manual page and Anki source code.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that does look like an error in the manual What’s your use case/need, out of curiosity? There’s an add-on that lets you add a browser column with this info. Might be the Advanced Browser add-on, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

I just came across it while translating the manual and it seemed like an error and decided to ask.
Maybe the note type ID should be displayed in the card info screen since it can be searched in the browser (using something like mid:123)

1 Like

Note type IDs can be found by clicking on a note type in the Browse screen.

I guess, it’s just a bit outdated. In Anki 2.0 and maybe in previous Anki 2.1 versions, if you click on the note type in the sidebar, the search string will contain something like mid:123456789, and now it contains note:Basic.

2 Likes

IIRC it was only documented because of that behaviour, so perhaps we should just remove it from the manual?

1 Like